Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Condemned Turn Chapter 1

 I woke up in a puddle of blood that seemed to leak out of every pore of my face. My ribs felt as if they were snapped off of me. The pain! I couldn't see what was in front of me. I don't know if it was due to my eyes being swelled shut or my fix was in need of a refill. I was left alone by the muggers to survive on my own in some unknown neighborhood of Austin. I clenched the rosary hanging on my neck and limped off to my apartment. My pants are wet from the pavement, my shirt drenched in sweat and blood. My wrists feel they have been switched to different arms.


My bracelet! So in my violent slumber, someone snatched it away from my wrist. My beloved's bracelet. Her spirit. Her comfort.


I can see a group of women by the corner. Staring and muttering about me. They began asking me to court them for a bargain. I'd rather figure out what had happened while I was out. I had no choice but to ask them if they had witnessed anything. "Have you ladies seen anyone running through here?" I asked.


Obviously, they saw nothing and no one.


I only have one option and I'm going to hate myself for this. "How much for a lovely night with one of you?"


"I won't charge." A voice said in the back of the group. The ladies looked around in shock trying to figure out who would utter such words. A young woman walked out of the crowd. She was as beautiful as the good lord made them, but why would she be in this practice?


The women dispersed in fear of their pimp finding out. The beautiful girl was the only one who stayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment