Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

My take on The Fault in our Stars

So I'm not one to go to the Young Adult section of the bookstore, but I had to check out this title and the hype it was getting especially since I saw the movie poster at the local Cinemark. I entered the Books-A-Million store and walked to the Best Seller section to get myself a copy of this title.


To be honest, I didn't know what to make of the book cover. If this wasn't a best seller I would've just overlooked it and just get a copy of one of The Walking Dead novels instead. The handwritten font just basically screamed out "Hipster exclusive". Anyways, I bought and went home pondering how I was going to approach the first chapter. I dived into it like a blindfolded Spider-Man about to win a bet from Daredevil.






I'm not going to try to be too detailed to give away any spoilers, but if I do I am very sorry.






The novel introduces to the character Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16-year-old girl suffering from thyroid cancer, who according to her love interest slash homeboy, Augustus Waters, a victim of osteosarcoma, looks like Natalie Portman from V from Vendetta. That is one of coolest references I've ever read in my life! The author, John Green, does his coolest by making the novel easy to read and follow without a lot of plot turns. I personally found the book totally remarkable and really allows us to understand that life is always going to be full of surprises good or bad. The one problem is that it's a real page turner, so I tried my best to not be gut-wrenched when things don't go their way.




John Green, you are a magnificent SOB, and this book truly is one of the coolest fiction stories I read.


If you want to read what I read then click on the image or link below to get yourself a copy today!






  The Fault in Our Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment